-
December 23rd, 2004, 02:39 PM
#1
Inactive Member
What are some ideas for using some "light" muffling for the kick but it has to stay because don't want a hole in the head? I'm going to get a new batter head sometime now is just the stock pearl head (their export select drums) I want to go for a real open deep bouncy feel. So I can do jazz but also funk it up. What are some good head and tuning ideas for this style?
-
December 23rd, 2004, 08:01 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I'd go with a felt strip. Depends how much dapening you want I suppose.
My cousin just bought a pacific drumset which came with a pillow which has velcro attachments for the inside of the bd to allow easy on/off. Seemed to work... I'm guessing they probably sell it sepratley?
-
December 24th, 2004, 04:03 AM
#3
Inactive Member
-
December 24th, 2004, 04:11 AM
#4
Inactive Member
remo do a good one....designed by weckl. dont know its name and remo's site is shite at the mo.....
-
December 24th, 2004, 01:09 PM
#5
Inactive Member
the type of beater will also greatly affect the sound you get so you should consider that...the new vintage vater beater is said to enhance the low end whilst reducing the impact sound of the beater and bass drum head...it says that it is very good for feathering the bass drum in jazz
-
December 24th, 2004, 03:51 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I get the pillow with sractch system from Evans (part of a bass drum heads kit).
It's very usefull since you can adjust it according the sound you want/the music you play......and it really works. I don't like having a "bedroom system" in the bass drums.
I suppose that this is the one delivered with the Pacific as it seems that it's Evans drumheads equipped.
That can be solution for you but you'll have to put off one of your head to install/adjust it if you don't want a hole.
I don't remember the price but I can tell that it's pretty expansive for a tool according to me.
Anyway a good tool......
Merry Christmas to the HOD community.
-
December 24th, 2004, 07:18 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Do you mean the Evans EQ Pad/Muffling Pillow?
I've had great results with these, and other than the fact that they are very expensive (especially when they 'advise' you that you may need more than one for your desired sound) I'd wholehartedly recommend them.
I use them, pillows, blankets, the Remo "Muffl's", the new Weckl Remo things that Louie mentioned, newspaper, bedsheets with weights - whatever the gig calls for...
MP
-
December 24th, 2004, 10:54 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Yes, that's it Groovemeister.
-
December 25th, 2004, 01:39 AM
#9
Inactive Member
-
December 25th, 2004, 02:50 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Thanks everybody. Id don't want to go emad. If I was going to do only rock or pop I might but it just seems too much. I'm going to try some light felt or what ever I can find.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks